sorry to steal this topic a little, but www.moddev.net/uploads/1109.jpg << why in the
heck does my registry claim the current version is 1.1.0.9 when it is obviously is not?

-Lakario
----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 1:05 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] CS Retail support

Here's the best place currently to find the Half-Life install:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VALVE\HALF-LIFE\InstallPath

Here's the best place currently to find the Counter-Strike directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sierra OnLine\Setup\CSTRIKE\Directory

After the 1.4/1.1.0.9 release, the launcher for both titles will write
out to a value at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\CounterStrike\InstallPath
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Half-Life\InstallPath

every time it runs. You'll want to switch over to using these for
getting the path to where they have the product installed, as it'll
be much more accurate.