From: botman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] 1109 to contain any code we should know about?

> The WonID stuff hasn't changed.  You only need to worry about this (the
link
> below) if/when your applications/mods become part of the Steam process and
> need to support SteamIDs.
>
> -Eric

I'm confused.  I thought that people who paid for monthly Steam access would
only have a SteamID (and not a WONid).  It seems to me that if a MOD does
something special with the WONid (like storing persistant data on the server
or using it to authenticate a server operator), the MOD would need to be
modified to allow for a WONid (numeric) or SteamID (a string).  I thought
the purpose of the AuthID (a string) was to provide a single function to
return the unique identifier for a player (WONid or SteamID depending on
what was used for authorization).

Is this correct?

Jeffrey "botman" Broome