>Does anyone have an idea how I would make a player turn on a dime?
>I don't want there to be any acceleration, I just want the player to
>instantly move in the direction he's facing

Acceleration is handled in PM_Accelerate (in pm_shared.c) IIRC.  You just need to take
the forward, side and up move commands in the cmd structure and multiply them by the
forward, right and up vectors obtained from the angles and add them together to get
your new velocity vector.  Then you'd need to clamp the speed to maxspeed.  You could
probably ditch most of the code in PM_Accelerate.  Sorry I can't be more specific, I
don't have access to the code ATM.

Jim