Did you get the fov working in first person spectator mode?

All I want to do is copy the fov from the person you're watching (using the
g_iUser2 variable I imagine) to the current client. I wanted to refresh it
in view.cpp, I tried accessing it using pparams, entity states, curstate etc
but can't find a way to get at the fov of the player you're watching. I
found one in 'ent.curstate.fov' but this is always zero. I checked my
delta.lst against CS's to make sure I wasn't missing an entry that would
involve this but didn't find anything different.

I thought of doing it using a weapon event to set the correct fov when zoom
mode is selected, but I couldn't get at the player in ev_hldm.cpp to update
the current clients fov. (This seemed flawed anyway, since if you started
spectating someone who was already zoomed you would have missed the event
playback that triggered it)

Anyone done this?

Thanks,
Mark.