Thx, that works, actually my range was correct, i had it scalled a crapload but
i calling all kinds of other functions in desparation. i guess i tried set rage
after i tried some of the other stuff, but forgot to take it out and it ended
up not working, anyway, thx

m_pScrollBar = new ScrollBar( 20, 100, 25, 300, true );
m_pScrollBar->setRange(0,4000);

worked fine.