I just wanted to get the opinions of some respected programmer to know if
lowering your screen resolution will help reduce your ping and hopefully get
a simply explaination why. I personally think it does make a difference but
the person I've spoken to about it points out that rendering for graphics is
client side. But i know that things off screen aren't completely sending
information to the client since they aren't being rendered and that I'd
imagine this extends to distant obects which wouldn't be rendered at lower
resolutions and thus reduce the network traffic a bit as if it was off
screen.

Any thoughts folks?