It only happens if you actually use the multiplayer menu to launch.
If you go by command line it never does, because the launcher doesn't try to
minimize; and then stay ontop.

When you click "ok" it drops back a menu, and stays ontop in opengl mode. It
happens with my gf4 but it didn't with my voodoo3 2 years ago.

omega
Blackened Interactive - http://www.blackened-interactive.com
Wavelength - http://www.thewavelength.net