__About____________

Will be sad if HL2 will not have a linux dedicated servers. For
perfomance, and popularity issues.

__Some Guess_______

But I guess Valve will have to fix a lot of mistakes that windows
coders make:

This is from a valve BSP file :

"\quiver\valve\halflife.wad;\quiver\valve\decals.wad;\quiver\valve\liquid.wad"

Whats happens if i pass this paths to a standard C or standard C++
function? Bad stuff. You need to parse this before to pass to a
function.

char filename[] = "\normal\quiver\valve\halflife.wad";

f = fopen( filename, "r");//BOMB! at windows, BOMB! at linux...

__Conclusion________

Interesting enough, most errors compiling a windows app to linux where
mistakes, as not follow standards.  Code that is good (ANSI-C, ISO
C++,..) compile withouth problem. Maybe the infestation d3d can be
isolated with #defines, and project compiled with gcc.

I think the HL2 engine is .. GREAT .. and If is need to firm a pact
with Bill Gates with blood, I will do. But he.. a cool ping with Linux
dedicated server'is lotsa cool, too.