The way I see it, the cat is out of the bag.  Valve has to start
thinking how its going to go about doing damage control.  Someone
mentioned Valve hunting down and prosectuing those who have admitted
publicly they have the source.  I think that would make this whole thing
more sureal than it already is and simply make the source even more
sought after.  Plus, you would need more proof than a forum posting or
something.

They could do nothing and just move on, see what happenes, and hope it
goes away.  I think this is the most likely to occur but all thats going
to happen is rampant infringement and abuse of their IP.

In my own little dream world, I would like to see something like Relic
did when they released the source to Homeworld.  A developers network
where the latest source for Half-Life 1 and HLDS are available for
download.  You could compile your own optimized hlds.  Any work done on
the source and programs released would automatically be property of
Valve software.  Valve could then pick and choose patche(s) from the
community to integrate into their engine.  I could extend the life of
the engine even further than its already gone by allowing the massive HL
community to get their hands dirty with one of the best games ever.

Cya all

Matt

--
Matt Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>