How the hell did you get a 1024x768 texture into OpenGL? I thought only powers of two
work. Do you have a special gfx card that allows such textures or is it resized to
1024x1024? Looks really good, much like Max Payne, but do we really need 1024
textures? Usually 512 is already quite a lot of detail. Ok, it might have been fun to
crack the engine limitations (what they are in the compile tools? Merl, Zoner and
XP-Cagey are responsible?), but who really needs these textures? And when you remember
that HL always cuts faces every 256 units (you can set it higher at the cost of
lighting quality) I think 4 512 textures would have worked the same way. And yes, what
about mipmaps?
(I have learned to question everything before I say how impressive it looks ;) )

Marco