I don't have answers for your questions yet.  We'll be using this
mailing list to communicate information when we're ready.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caleb
'Ghoul' Delnay
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 5:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Steam and Mods

I have a few questions.

How is Valve going to determine what is Steam supported (content
delivery
wise) and what isn't?  What I mean is how high are the quality standards
going to be?  Obviously it would be illogical to throw every submitted
mod onto the content servers, there would be thousands.

That brings up my second question.  Is there going to be a better method
of organization besides just a games list?  As the list of supported
mods gets larger and larger, thats a lot more scrolling to do.  I
picture some kind of folder view with all the third party mods,
following some kind of organization and filtering method.  Would be neat
to just filter in "Oh I want any single player only mods that were
released from May 1st and forward" or something similar.  Have you guys
already taken this in to account?

--
Caleb 'Ghoul' Delnay
www.nocensmundus.net