tl;dr

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of StealthMode
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] ^_^ mew-mew (-:

It would be real easy for Valves IT people to block this lamers ip on
the incoming  mail server or even on the router the mail server is
plugged into.

Wonder who Valves IT guy is. He should be fired or reprimanded. I know
the companies I worked for in the past would not tolerate a hole like
this in their network security (especially one that is continually
abused/exploited.
Least the lamer isn't smart and trying to attach the virus (which IS
blocked by Valves mail server), instead of just linking to it (my god he
could trick a lot of people with just links, thank god the virus author
is an idiot).
Still a lapse in Valves network security though. Like I said, if this
thing just added links it would sneak right past the no attachments
filter. And most people thinking its from Valve (since it lacks
attachments), would click the link and get a virus. Valve had better
hope no one gets that smart, or else VALVE could be liable for
distributing the virus, even though unintentionally, through a hacked
means, they still would be liable.

In summary, BLOCK THE IP THAT IS SPAMMING THIS LIST WITH VIRUS
ATTACHMENTS BEFORE IT/THEY CAN CAUSE MORE DAMAGE!

The guy above posted the header info, the ip its being sent from is
quite easily blocked. Someone at Valve needs to start doing their job.

One corporate email from Valves legal dept. to the cybercafe I am sure
would stop the mails (least from the polish cyber cafe). And to that
owner of the cafe, ever hear of a virus scan on your network? Trend
Micro offers a real good online one that is FREE... www.antivirus.com ,
www.trendmicro.com

Kudoes to the guy who backtraced the email. Maybe the guy whose email
box just got spammed by everyone on this list (I know I mailed them),
will do the work the IT guy at Valve should be doing.

For now (no offense to Alfred) I am filtering all mails from Alfred at
this point, just in case this lamer reads this list and gets some ideas
from my reply. Once Valve announces they have blocked the ip from the
mail server I shall unfilter alfred mails to this and the other lists.
Until then, I guess I don't read anything posted by Alfred.

I mean honestly, lets say some noob joins this list. He doesn't know
about the lamer spoofing Alfreds email. He looks at the file and says
gee it wont let me get it, but thats Alfred Reynolds from Valve and
thats probably something important, and googles the file attachment.
Valve is now resonsible for distributing a virus, a serious liability.

-=]H[=-StealthMode