Am Mo 09.08.2004 19:37, Ryan "Professional Victim" Desgroseilliers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
schrieb:
> You might want to read the list postings a bit more thoroughly before
> replying with a non-helpful, dismissive comment such as this one, since your
> comment has absolutely no relevance to his actual posting, which was
> suggesting AMX as a workaround, not a source of the problem.

Thanx ;-)

> > What about starting a server with 21 Slots, reserving one with AMX, so
> that only 20 players can connect.
>
> From the discussions I've seen, the usual methods of slot reservation do not
> appear to be viable as a solution, since they don't actually control which
> slot players get, but rather how many players are in the server. You
> actually need to block anyone from getting the last slot, which they've done
> correctly with a few of the workarounds listed in the NS forum thread.

This would meet the description of Maarten van der Zwaart from the last posting.
I will try to find the ideas from the NS forum thread ...

Then again, Spectators also use slots - what about putting "something" (like a bot)
via plugin to a slots till the last one ist used and then delete the others again for
real players? This would most possibly be needed at every mapchange.
Just an idea ...