HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\steam

open this Link to run Counter-Strike 1.6 (if installed).

I mean these functionalties can be great to support your users with links in
the steam news and so on (like you did today), but
a) I am not to happy that Steam integrates into my OS in this way.
b) since the URL is passed to steam.exe as an commandline parameter, I am
afraid there might pop up some crazy links on some websites soon (although
Steam.exe detects that this is an passed URL because the steam:// is also
passed, I guess).

Please tell me my ranting is sensless and there is nothing I have to be afraid
off :)

Sry 4 my bad English.

Greetings

PS: yes I know this functionality has been there for a while.