First I apologize to the readers of this mailinglist for the unnecesary
polution and exchange of words my initial post
generated. I am in a way shocked that many ppl seems to take it very
personally when I doubted the existence of
real time radiosity in Source engine.  This is my last post on the subject,
and please all forgive me for the lack
of technical data, HL coding related data, from this e-mail. I do agree that
it should not belong on this list, which
during last years provided me some cool reading. I am sorry that you all had
to read this futile mail exchange.

As for you Bob,

@@ Repeat after me, generalizations are bad!

"generalizations are bad", "generalizations are bad", "generalizations are
bad" I hope this meake you a bit more relaxed.

Bob, when you will have accurate knowledge about what radiosity means,
talk.

Bob, when you will make an effort to carefully read what other ppl did post,
talk.

Bob , when you will understand radiosity, and Mr. Hobson was nice enough to
explain a bit about radiosity in his post and why is impractical
to say you have real-time, talk.

Bob,  after you will read Taggart's paper on HL2 shading model, and
understand it, talk. Untill then , dont. Read it and maybe, just maybe,
you will understand what place has radiosity in Source engine. It's in
english , so you should understand it even better than me,
which I cant even get english grammar and spelling.

Bob, if you have any technical argument in the favor of the real time
radiosity, or you can show me a single implementation of it
which dont use 20 PIV CPUs or equivalent power to achieve a interactive
frame rate,  or at least any decent technical or matemathical
argument, in the favor of real time radiosity, I will listen to you. Math
does not lie, Bob. The fact that you choose to beleive that
Santa Klaus exists because you was told so, by a game company or close
relatives, do not make it more real. Why you was told so,
I cannot tell. But I promise , Santa Klaus does not exist.