Sry I can't be of much help, I just used the create mp mod wizard,
compiled and ran the thing no probs... *shrugs*

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] På vegne af Colin Dabritz
Sendt: 1. december 2004 21:33
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: [hlcoders] Need Help compiling SDK example (vs.net 2003)

[ As a thread on HL2.NET:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58204 ]

Hi all, I'm new to the list, but I didn't see this in the archive.

I was trying to walk through the
http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/MyFirstMod.htm example.  I have
visualstudio.net 2003, and I was careful to set my VPROJECT environment
variable ( http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/dev_environment.html ).

The first thing I would like to note is that it complains bitterly about
not having a sourcesafe server.  If that aspect could be removed from
the project, I'd apreciate it, as I doubt valve wants people to check
out the HL2 source from them.  Anyhow, I click through the errors, and
then choose to 'work disconnected' to get those out of the way.

The rest of the how-to goes well up until compiling.  The output window
gives me this:

------ Build started: Project: client, Configuration: Debug SDK Win32
------

Build log was saved at
"file://g:\MyTestMod\src\cl_dll\Debug_SDK\BuildLog.htm"
client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: hl, Configuration: Debug SDK Win32 ------

Build log was saved at
"file://g:\MyTestMod\src\dlls\Release_SDK\BuildLog.htm"
hl - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

    Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped

Which is odd, because it fails to specify what the errors are.  I've
never seen it do that.  I looked at the build logs, but they don't make
much sense to me, and they don't seem to indicate any kind of error.  I
can provide them if they will help.  I would also note that these
results come up nearly instantly, meaning nothing at all is being
compiled.

I have also tried compiling the debug version, compiling the everything
sln in both version, setting up a 'from scratch' mod, and do all of the
above.  I've tried clean builds.  I have no idea how to procede.  I'm
hopeing its not a sourcesafe issue, because I don't understand version
control very well.  (I tried to remove the version controll, but was
unable)

Has anyone (outside of valve) gotten the SDK to compile?  with vs.net?
(2003?)
How would someone go about removeing source control (source safe) from a
vs.net solution/project?
Where do I go from here?  What else can I look at and/or provide to help
debug this?
Any other suggestions?