We'll all I can say that, as someone who is new to modding for HL(2),
the more tutorial type information available the better. I just had
the impression that Epic tended to provide more for the beginner then
Valve seems to have. I look forward to climbing the 'learning' ladder,
and I look to as many tools, tutorials, and examples  as possible to
make that climb easier.

As Jeffrey said, I think Valve has incredble opportunity with the
ability to push content for modders through Steam. I look forward to
seeing how this is utilized. I hope we see a steady stream of
examples, tutorials, documentation and the like brought to us in this
manner.

I bring up Epic mainly to use as an example of what I 'thought' to be
a better example of focus on the beginner, and seemingly mod community
overall. It is only through recognition of a higher standards in
modder support can work begin on reaching and surpasing said
standards.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Epic does have higher standards, only
that I have percieved it to be that way. Since I'm new to the HL(2)
mod community I posed the question to the list in order to hear the
viewpoints of individuals who are more seasoned in this community then
I. Thank to everyone for taking the time to respond with your views
and thoughts on this matter.

ChessMess
Stratactic Studios
http://www.StratacticStudios.com