I've had a couple of odd crashes occuring in
vgui_TeamFortressViewport.cpp on line 328 (vgui::ipanel()->DeletePanel(
vPanel );) and I can't work out what's causing them.

The first occured when I was writing a new game rules class inherited
from CMultiplayRules for teamplay.  In its constructor I created two new
CTeam classes and gave them IDs(i.e. the number you pass to CTeam::Init
along with the team name) of 2 and 3.  It crashed in
vgui_TeamFortressViewport.cpp after I issued a map command in the
console but before the map had actually loaded, this was easily fixed by
creating two other CTeam classes with IDs of 0 and 1 for players with no
team and spectators.

The second occured when I fired an event off from an entity I had
written.  This entity defined an area a team had to capture, when a
member of a certain team had stood in the area for a certain amount of
time it fired off an event which was hooked by my game rules class.
After this event fired I got the crash in vgui_TeamFortressViewport.cpp,
if I commented out the line which fired the event no crash occured

The same crash also occurs after issuing a map command in the console
when I use either CMultiplayRules or CTeamplayRules as the game rules
class (though when I created a new mod and compiled the unmodified code
it works fine with CMultiplayRules and using CTeamplayRules fails
because it can't find the correct game rules class on the client).  If
use CSDKGameRules as the game rules class the crash occurs when the
event is fired.

Does anyone know what could be causing it to crash in
vgui_TeamFortressViewport.cpp (the function it's crashing in is called
in the CBaseViewport destructor which in turn gets called when the
client dll detaches from the hl2 exe)?  And does anyone know how I could
fix it?