Has anyone here been playing with player models in the Source SDK?
I've been experimenting with integrating the combine_soldier.mdl for
testing purposes. I've decided to use the one from HL2, not HL2DM (the
only difference is the animation set, it seems). Unfortunately, when
specifying what animations to play, it seems like the game ignores the
animation layers... I suppose a screenshot would best explain this (w/
cl_showanimstate & thirdperson enabled):

http://andromeda.moonside.org/hlcoders/combine_ss.png

If you carefully look at the stats on the right, while the player is
running two animations are defined on their respective layers...
Idle_Unarmed & RunALL. Yet, the 'main' sequence is still ragdoll.

Am I missing something major here? I only have a limited understanding
of the animation layers, but enough to believe I really don't need to
touch the underlying workings for a change this 'simple.'
Unfortunately the SDK docs and most websites haven't covered
animations yet..

I come from a Quake2 modding background, so please be nice if I'm just
totally ignorant of something. =)

Thanks in advance.

--
Phil Bowens

He is the greatest of warriors who overcomes and subdues himself.