Nicholas Rhead wrote:

But shouldn't the mod authors be extended those classes rather than modifying them directly? And if they do that will just mean we would have to recode our server plugins.

If you expose code to MOD authors, you can bet that some of them will change it.

Gooseman should have used the entvars_t 'team' variable for teams in
Counter-Strike, but he didn't do this.  Instead he decided to add the
team to the CBasePlayer class (I presume), making it inaccessible to
metamod plugin authors.

Just because coders "should" do something a certain way, doesn't mean
they are going to.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome