From: Mike Blowers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: December 13, 2004 8:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] Fw: Cutscene rendering effects - Negative / Black &
White

I've noticed that in various places (all cut scenes I think), the screen is
rendered in a mix of negative and Black & White.

I've been searching through the SP SDK, but I can't find anything that will
render the world in Black & White... in particular client side, so I can
implement "proper" NV goggles.

The closest I came to "proper" NV goggles in HL1 was model swapping to all
white skins, drawing a sprite on the hud to darken the world and rendering
white dlights above the players so they were highly visible.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how this effect was achieved in the
cut-scenes ?

Cheers,

Mike.

---