Hello,

I have been porting some HL2 weapons to the multiplayer mod I am
working on, and I am curious to know the difference between the
SERVERCLASS and NETWORKCLASS entities.

There seems to be a significant difference. The SDK weapons use the
DECLARE_NETWORKCLASS() and DECLARE_PREDICTABLE() macros, then that
source file is compiled into both the server and client. The HL2
weapons on the other hand use the DECLARE_SERVERCLASS() macro and a
data table.

Both these methods seem 'networked for multiplayer', and in the
"Entity Networking" doc only SERVERCLASS is discussed. What is the
preferred method for multiplayer and why?

Greetings,
-Markus