Mike Michaels wrote:

Whenever I try to play HL2 Multiplayer online, I find that I am constantly getting disconnected from every server I log into. I get disconnected on average of about once every 5-10 minutes. Upon disconnection, I always receive one of the two following error messages:

Disconnected Error Message:

My guess is a crappy (or improperly configured) network connection.

If you are using Routers/Switches/Gateways, try removing them and
connect directly to your service provider and see if the problem goes
away.  If so, you know the Router/Switch/Gateway is not configured
properly, not compatible with HL2, and/or just plain broken.

If there is no change (connection still drops without R/S/G), try
contacting your ISP and ask them to run a "loop back" diagnostic on your
internet connection (they may has something misconfigured in your
neighborhood NID or bridge).

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome