r00t 3:16 wrote:

I have been playing around with the player position for my prone.

I believe that collision boxes (used around players) are axis aligned in Half-Life2 (as they were in Half-Life1). The collision box DOES NOT rotate as the player rotates. If you made this be the player collision box when the player was prone (head facing North, feet facing South)...

   +---+
   | o |
   |/|\|
   | | |
   |/ \|
   +---+

...here is what you would see when the player turn 90 degrees to the left...

   +---+
   |/  |/
  0----|
   |\  |\
   |   |
   +---+

...notice the bounding box DOES NOT rotate along with the player.

If you are going to do a prone position you would make a bounding box
that looks like this...

   +---------+

...which means you can't have the left or right side of your body be
right up against colliding geometry in the level (axis aligned bounding
boxes are a pain, aren't they?).

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome