A fix for this will be released with the next engine update. I'll send
code snippets then as well so you can fix any other bindings you're
trying to hook in your mod.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christensen,
Grant
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 5:21 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] bug on laptops

Hi, I have a bug that I had originally in my mod, but have noticed I
also have it in CS:S.  Not sure if it is just my configuration, or an
actual bug.  Could somebody with a laptop or access to a laptop (valve?)
please try to recreate this.

If I go into observer mode, say in CS:S, I can press the duck key (for
me 'C') but could be anything, to open the bottom menu where I can chose
who to spectate etc.  Usually you then press the duck key again to close
the bottom menu.  For me, in my mod, pressing the duck key after the
menu is open returns a key code of CODE_KEYPAD_3 or similar (can't
remember the exact one).  It is the numeric keypad number 3, or on my
laptop the Fn  L key.

So, if I actually press the numeric 3 key instead of the duck key, it
closes the menu, whereas pressing duck does nothing.

So, duck opens it but does not close it, and numeric keypad 3 closes it
but does not open it.  For some reason having the bottom menu open
causes the duck key to return something different.  I am using
gameuifuncs->GetVGUI2KeyCodeforBind("duck); to get the code.

Can someone else with a laptop try this for me to see if it is just my
config?

Grant.

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to
that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed
without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of
Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except
where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this
E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the
views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be
subject to a claim of legal privilege.

If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and