Draco wrote:
For 2 days I've been playing around with a message system to replace
the death message and gun/ammo pickup messages in my mod. I think I
got it set up, with messages queuing to be displayed and such, but one
problem has arisen...
The game crashes when I make a message for it. I mean the
server-client messages.
I have dealt with this system twice before for radar and a timer but
this one defies me.
I have the message registered
gmsgPerfectDarkMessage = REG_USER_MSG("PerfectDarkMessage", -1);

If I remember correctly, REG_USER_MSG messages can only be 12 characters long. Change this...

REG_USER_MSG("PerfectDarkMessage", -1);

...to this...

REG_USER_MSG("PDMsg", -1);

...and it will probably work fine (don't forget to change the client to
match, and they ARE case-sensitive).

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome