S. Hendriks wrote:
Sure, and the guys who made the mods get some pretty good jobs as
well... (and can realize their dreams). I don't see a sort of abusing
here, its Valve's right to buy these games as they developed the engine
+ materials to get them even going. And those who get hired + get
interest sales, are getting their cut as well.

Of course being 'nice' is not the 'only' purpose of Valve. Yet, its
better then saying "hey, we got a url, and you got the sdk. Go play with
it and don't bug us while we are working on HL3.5 :P"

Eh, how did we get from nice to abuse? The experience you gain while doing a job is irrelevant - you get "paid" for what you produce.

Sigh, this is a stupid thread, let's drop it.