From: "Luke Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Possible to not use weapon script files?

Unless youre talking about the people running your mod on their
servers, it shouldnt matter if clients muck around with the files...
should it?? As far as I was aware, everything that could be abused in
a simplistic manner was done server-side. If those files can in fact
be used to cheat, then I agree that turning them into code would be a
good idea. May I suggest writing a small script to generate c-code
from the files? I prefer ruby but perl is more common for these sort
of operations :) It would save a lot of maintainence work down the
track.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:05:54 -0500, r00t 3:16 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Draco wrote:
> But wouldn't it be safer to not let the users play with this stuff,
> hide it in the code?(I haven't modded HL2 yet, so I don't know exactly
> how the txt files work)

This is kind of what I was thinking.

r00t 3:16 CQC Gaming www.cqc-gaming.com