Xas wrote:

Will we have a continous updated SDK, forever ? I dislike this method, and prefer to know now, in place to work on this solution.

Why would it matter if Valve released an SDK update every week?

The only thing that you have to worry about is...

1) Does the SDK update provide a bug fix to a bug that currently exists
in your MOD?  If so, just merge the bug fix code into your MOD (and
nothing more).

2) Does this SDK/engine update break compatibility with your existing
MOD?  Valve wants each SDK/engine update to be backward compatible so
that any MOD created with ANY version of the SDK will still work with
the latest engine update.  If there is some significant change to the
engine that requires you to update SOME (not all) SDK code, hopefully
Valve will tell people this as part of the Update News with the SDK release.

3) Is there some new SDK/engine feature that will cause people to not
play your MOD if that feature isn't available (i.e. the new "order a
pizza to be delivered to me from within the game" feature)?

Just because a new SDK is released that might have a new feature that
wasn't in a previous SDK does NOT mean that you have to integrate that
code into your MOD (especially if you have no plan of ever using those
features in your MOD).  Just because it's available doesn't mean you
have to use it.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome