Alfred,

Thank you for the quick reply.

At 05:40 PM 2/19/2005, you wrote:
They are loaded just after the DllInit() call to the game server dll.
What are you doing that requires a particular ordering of load?

So the Game DLL's - DLLInit() is called, passing in the engine interfaces and what have you.

Then any server plug-ins  specified in the mods '/addon' folder get their
 DLLInit() calls.

Then the map begins loading and we start spawning game entities ?

The reason I asked is because I am considering some really evil low-level
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in order to provide some of the the API hooking functionality
that Metamod provided which the server plugin interface does not.

Particularly with regard to tracking the game DLL's entity creation
and possibly modifying those entities as can be done with Metamod,
but there are other ideas I have that are not very concrete yet.

Mostly, I'm scoping out capabilities at the moment.

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael A.
Hobson
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:21 AM
To: HLCoders
Subject: [hlcoders] Server Plug-in Loading Order

Jay, Yahn or Alfred:

Does the engine load server plug-ins *before* or *after*  a mod's game
DLL and is this order guaranteed (even on Linux ) ?

Michael A. Hobson yahoo: warrior_mike2001 icq: #2186709 mike (at) crusader (dash) services (dot) com