All the predicted weapons appear to have prediction data tables which
are setup in a very similar way to an entities network table (a
DECLARE_PREDICTABLE() statement is put in the class def and you have a
BEGIN_PREDICITION_DATA( )/END_PREDICTION_DATA( ) pair in a source file
somewhere between which you define predicted variables).

What I want to know is what does adding a variable to the prediction
data table actually do?  I'd guess it has something to do with how the
variable is updated when a network packet is received by the client but
I'm not sure of specifics.  Can anyone shed some light on this?