I was able to get a player floating. Leave it up to valve to have a
million different ways to check something. One thing that drives me
nuts about hl2.. and hl1 (but less so) was the inconsistence of the
code. In some places it checks the health > 0, in others it checks a
flag and in other places it will call a function to check. Anyway, I
was able to make the spectator move by changing this line in
player.cpp

m_lifeState = LIFE_DEAD; // Can't be dead, otherwise movement doesn't
work right.

There was a nice comment in the code for it, but finding a comment
like that in a project with 5000+ file is not easy.

Change it to LIFE_ALIVE, or better yet, make a new FLAG because im
absolute sure there will be some other things needed to be fixed as a
result of changing that.

Anyway, I wish the DM code was more complete. I managed to fix the
scoreboard sorting and displaying the right numbers, but gosh, its
like they spend 200 lines of code making these pretty rounded corners
on the scoreboard gui, and did not even make it display the correct
frag sum!

Anyway, im done ranting, hoped this help some of you, because im sure
i will be back for more questions.