From: "Jeffrey "botman" Broome" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Resource File Bug?

Ratman2000 wrote:

But when i than look in my Sounds folder is see, that all File Names are all small type

Are you running a Linux dedicated server or Win32 server?

Linux servers preserve the case of filenames, Win32 servers do not.

On Linux "Sack.mp3" and "sack.mp3" are 2 different files.  On Win32 they
are the same file.

You should have the .res file entries match whatever the filename is on
your server and shouldn't have to worry about the name on the client
(since the client's will be Win32 anyway).

If it really bothers, you, you can rename the server version of the file
to all lowercase, then it will be the same regardless of whether the
server is Linux or Win32.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome