When I turned on net_showevents it didn't display anything in the console?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattie Casper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:00 AM
Subject: [hlcoders] net_showevents, please mark it as a cheat

I was just doing some research for EventScripts and stumbled upon the
"net_showevents" client command. I'd like to request that this be made a
'cheat' command.

This command will display game events as the client receives them. The
problem is that this is too much information for players to have. For
example, knowing the details of a bomb_planted or player_hurt event is
probably a bit unfair.

It's even "handier" information for a player when they've set "developer 1"
so that console messages are output to the top left of the screen. As a
result, they get on-screen notification of what bombsite the bomb is planted
at, and, even worse, the health of other players from player_hurt.

Even knowing that someone was hurt by your 'shot-in-the-dark' hegrenade is
probably too powerful (let alone knowing their life total afterwards).

Anyway, just my $.02,
-Mattie