poke poke, Its the horse dead?

Jakob W. Nielsen wrote:
Since when is a game engine defined by the format of its resource files?
LOTS of engines can read BSP trees; it doesn't make them Q1 engines by
any standard.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DuckTyping

If it WalksLikeaDuck and talks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Jakob W. Nielsen wrote (in Reply to Tony "omega" ):
If you want to have a guessing contest by my guest by at least be a
little serious about your arguments. Guessing that Source is built on Q1
because it reads BSP trees and MDL files is like saying Star Office is
essentially built upon MSOffice because they can both read plain text
files!

/JWN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_Defense

    Ladies and gentlemen this [pointing to a picture of Chewbacca] is
Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca
lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make
sense! Why would a Wookiee—an eight foot tall Wookiee—want to live on
Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

    But more important, you have to ask yourself, what does this have to
do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do
with this case! It does not make sense!

    Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm
talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am
not making any sense. None of this makes sense!

    And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room
deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it
make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not
make sense.

    If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.