Hey,
So this is a bit of a long shot, but here's the story:
I made a hud element that displays icons over your teams head. I have a
list of C_BasePlayer pointers, wich i update every OnTick by using a
SphereQuery to fetch all teammates around me in a certain radius. Now
this worked fine, until we ran some multiplayer test, and people started
crashing when others quit.
I ran a debugger and found out that my call to GetAttachment (to get the
position of an attachment over the head of the player model) was the
problem, for some reason, down the line, GetModel() was crashing the
whole thing.
I figure that it's trying to fetch the player model on a player that is
quitting/already gone, so that somehow causes the crash.
I added a few safety checks, for IsAlive(), !IsDormant(), but i'm not
sure if that's enough.
Does anyone know how to, client-side, make sure an entity is still fully
connected?
Is there any other safety check i should run on my player pointers?

I'm asking this because i don't have the manpower (yet) to run a server
just to crash it until i find the correct fix, especially since i would
have to re-upload the client.dll to each tester every time...

Thanks in advance
Imperio59

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 21/04/2005