British_Bomber wrote:
I have an objective, much like a flag in CTF, that the player can pick
up and take back to his assigned capture point.  I use a VERY simple
model entity for this, it simply has Spawn, precache, touch and drop
functions. Couldn't be much simpiler.

They all work fine, the Touch sees if the toucher is a player then
attaches the model to the player.  When the player dies, or captures
the object it is dropped.  That all works fine and dandy, however when
someone else goes to pick it up after it has been dropped, or even the
same player comes back to grab their beloved suitcase, it will no
longer attach itself to them.  It's as though the touch function only
wants to work once, or has to be stopped.  I added an EndTouch, or
whatever the exact name is, to the end of my touch function but to no
avail.  Am I making some kind of fundamental flaw on how the touch
function works?

Are you setting the "Owner" variable on the carried object to the player that carries it? If so, make sure the owner is set back to NULL when dropped otherwise the same player can't touch it again (you don't touch things that you are the Owner for).

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome