There's been a report on the Steam forums of someone getting a prompt
that looks exactly like the 'Ticket Expired' error and (you can guess
what's going to happen, can't you?) after entering the password in the
account had been hijacked by the next day.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2990145#post2989877

If true this is a critical exploit, regardless of whether you have to
hit escape to see it.

Giles Millward wrote:

I should point out that whilst yes I am using the network message
protocol to generate the in game menus there is nowhere in the code that
says 'Dont use this'.
I should also point out that my plugin also has fallback code for using
the proper Valve API for the escape style menus with the same
functionality.
It has always been there but no-one running CSS ever uses it because the
in game menus are more conveniant to use. Whilst I accept that it is
somewhat of a hack I always knew that someday the in game menus may stop
working though I didn't realise the backlash it would cause when it
happened. As for the plugin there are no code changes necessary to
convert to the Valve escape style menus, just simply change a plugin
cvar value to use them (HL2DM users have to use these anyway). What we
should be doing is working towards improving the API that Valve provides
for the GUI menus rather than complaining about old HL1 code being
removed from CSS.

Regards

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com

So many people spreading misinformation.

a) Plugin authors were given NO warning, ever, none whatsoever.

Not to use network messaging protocol hacks for a mod they don't have
the source code for ?

The Source SDK codebase is *NOT THE CODEBASE FOR CS:SOURCE*!!!!

b) It is documented in cl_dll/menu.cpp and this has been stated
multiple
times now.

Nowhere in the Source SDK codebases for either Single Player,
Multiplayer or HL2DM does it say "CS:Source uses identical code
to this."

Only a newb coder or a complete moron would make such an assumption.

Michael A. Hobson
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(310) 344-3585 (cell)

http://www.eset.com