Tim Jones wrote:
I realize this is an old thread but I'm running into problems getting
the system you've described to work.

It seems to work ok for maps with a limited number of entities but when
the number increases  to roughly 550 entities I get an "ED_Alloc: no
free edicts" error.
Basically I run through the current list of entities and delete those
that I don't need.  Then I call MapEntity_ParseAllEntities to get them
all back using a cached version of the original map string.

My first thought was that UTIL_Remove wasn't actually clearing stuff out
until the next frame so I tried waiting to call Map...Entities() but no
luck.  I've also tried calling SetFree() on every edict that's deleted.
Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hi!.

 I am newbie at HL.

Its the deletion instantaneus or its executed before the end-of-frame?

Count your entitys, maybe this will help for debugging purposes.