________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew
Lewis
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 3:17 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] platform trigger touch not working in SDK

>Of course, now that I actually read your first email, I see that you
>were having trouble with platforms, not triggers.
>
>Are you using a func_plat? If so, you'll see in CFuncPlat::Precache()
>that it spawns a plat_trigger to detect the player moving onto the
plat.
>When you said you didn't see the platform's Touch() function getting
>called, did you mean CPlatTrigger::Touch()?
>If not, put a breakpoint in that and see if you hit that. Otherwise,
I'd
>try visualizing the plat_trigger and seeing where it is.

I guess I could have been a bit clearer. The tracer I put was in the
CPlatTrigger::Touch() function as so:

void CPlatTrigger::Touch( CBaseEntity *pOther )
{
    Msg("Trigger Touch!\n");

    // Ignore touches by non-players
    if ( !pOther->IsPlayer() )
        return;

I'm not sure how you would visualize the PlatTrigger. I tried turning on
the "showtriggers", but it nothing showed for the platform. My other
triggers did show.

If push comes to shove, I'll just delete the PlatTrigger code and use an
explicite func_trigger to make the platform work. But it would be nice
if the plats would work like they used to. In the first version of  my
mod, I deleted the plattrigger and  created a touch function for the
platform itself which worked just fine. But I decided to give the SDK
version another try. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.