> I tried that,
>
> vgui::localize()->Find()
>
> That works in the client project, in the hl project it's a no-go even if
> I include the file.
Oh, from the HL project.  I don't see why you're trying to do it from there;
the server binary shouldn't have anything to do with localization.  I do
believe that the VGUI lib is only included in the client project; thus any
calls to any VGUI function from the server project will result in your
complaints about pure virtual function calls.
            think                                poem
   that              never               as                a
I       shall    see        a     lovely      as     binary   tree