Ah I see, you'd need a box... well, that would suck. I suppose we will
have to live with how melee weapons work now.

Jeffrey "botman" Broome wrote:

Tom Edwards wrote:

That's how it works anyway, I think?

No, it doesn't actually swing out an arc and only hit things within that
arc.  It simply projects a box straight out in the view angle and
whatever is within range gets hit by it.

It wouldn't be too difficult to have the Swing() function (or whatever
you want to call it), to move a crowbar sized bounding box along an arc
to see if anything collided with it.  You would want the collision box
to be NOT axis aligned (i.e. it should be a OBB, not an AABB).

This would be inefficent as hell though.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome

Kamran A
Get Firefox! Safer, Faster, Better.
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85>
Down with Internet Explorer! Say "NO!" to Spyware! Use Firefox