#include "entitylist.h"

CBaseEntity *entity = gEntList.FindEntityByName( NULL, name, NULL );

The first and last NULLs are for the start entity and activator; here's
the definition of FindEntityByName:

CBaseEntity *CGlobalEntityList::FindEntityByName( CBaseEntity
*pStartEntity, const char *szName, CBaseEntity *pActivator, CBaseEntity
*pCaller )

gEntList is globally defined. ;)

Philip Withnall