I am working on a fantasy mod (ala Morrowind) and I was wondering if you
knew how to set up third person models? I suppose you are doing a MP mod
because I am doing only SP and third person is... a drag to work with.
The camera works fine, but the model needs animations and whatnot. My
model does have a walk animation using the x and y values, but I have no
idea how to get that working. :-/

Any help you provide... would be helpful. :P

Joshua A. Jacobo wrote:

Morten,

Well why not design the horse as a vehicle and simply add the NPC AI
entity code to it. One of its conditions could be "am I being ridden?"
and if so the state would be null or no AI. Once the player is knocked
from or dismounts the horse, that condition changes and  its state
shifts again to active AI and it can move about, flee from the battle
etc etc.

We're working with a medieval-style modification as well so email me if
you have any other questions.

Joshua Jacobo
Creative Director
Realms of Valhallon
www.realmsofvalhallon.com

Morten Nielsen wrote:

Hi i just reasently joined this "list" so forgive me if im dooing
anything wrong! Thanks!

But the question is:

Is it possible to have 2 models. One of you (the player) and one of a
horse.. and when you press use on that horse.. the player will mount
the horse and the horse model will stick to the players movements. so
when you pressforward. the player will be playing the riding horse
forward animation and the horse will be doing the running animation.

I don't want the player to do the running forward animation when on
the horse.. that would look stupid :)

But i don't want the horse i want to create to be a "buggy" with just
a horse skin. i want it to become a NPC with its own mind.. so if you
etc. explode something near it it will run away.. use AI etc..

But is this all possible?

Im looking to create a medival mod with knights and kings.. but im not
starting the projekt until i know it can be done on source ( i hope so
source is great)

Thanks in advance! Sorry for my bad english!

Kamran A
Get Firefox! Safer, Faster, Better.
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85>
Down with Internet Explorer! Say "NO!" to Spyware! Use Firefox