there are other issues also.

I use filesystem->FPrintf(filea,"L %02d/%02d/%04d - %02d:%02d:%02d: %s",

st->tm_mon+1,st->tm_mday,st->tm_year+1900,st->tm_hour,st->tm_min,st->tm_sec,str);

and that crashs the server

if I use Q_snprintf into a char array first and then do the FPrintf it
doesnt crash

time_t rawtime;
struct tm * st;
time(&rawtime);
st = localtime (&rawtime);
mktime( st );

st->tm_year is no longer returning the year minus 1900
its now minus 1740

isnt that straight windows api calls?