From: "Benjamin Davison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday - 30/9/2005 00:26
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Upcoming Steam update and MODs

Maybe some kind of separate tab for single player mods?

On 9/29/05, Adam amckern Mckern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Erik, Alf, Steam Client Planing Team;

I understand that the page your talking about is a
wonderful idea, but going with what the page is now,
its only for online mods.

Alot of wonderful projects for single player
(Nightfall, Black Mesa Source, MINERVA, uplink, etc)
and then some not as well known single player mods are
geting made, how are these games going to work with
your thirdparty page?

This is something i have been thinking about for a
while, even though alot of the new ideas, and consepts
i have added (and the nightfall team has added) is
going to make nightfall the poke 646 of hl2, we wont
get any credit in the third party page, even if we
have 2000 players at any one time.

Please talk this over on the list with us, so we can
get an idea on your long term promo support for single
player mods.

Adam McKern

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:HL2_Third_Party_Mods

http://storefront.steampowered.com/3rdparty.php?s=0,2,4,6&i=0,220,340,24
> > 0,300,320&a=0,10,20,30,40.
> >
> > What would be really helpful would be for any MOD
> that is currently
> > listed on this page to put together some of this
> material and send it
> on
> > to me. What we need is:
> >
> > 1. A short 50 words or less description of the
> game.
> > 2. 5 screenshots in .jpg format to include. The
> width of the
> screenshots
> > can be no greater that 1024px, but the aspect
> ratio is up to you.
> >
> > Once you have these together, .zip up all of the
> materials and e-mail
> > them to me and we'll make sure this gets into the
> update coming up.
> > --

> - Ben Davison
> - http://www.shadow-phoenix.com

--------
My Website http://ammahls.com
Lead Programer NightFall

This email has been sent from Adam McKern, and is not one of the many
spam
bots that use my email address.
If you receive an email that has not got this signature line, please
delate the email, and not respond in any way to it.

- Ben Davison
- http://www.shadow-phoenix.com