Thank you for that wonderful extrapolation. I couldn't have said it
better myself, but for one exception:

Michael A. Hobson wrote:

I just gave it a stab and it works fine.

Vino does not state whether he got MSVC 6.0 to build the
Source SDK *free from warnings* or not, only that he got
it to compile and link. I am quite certain he got piles
of compiler warnings, some of them quite serious, when he
attempted that.

I didn't get any warnings or errors that I don't get when building under
Visual Studio 7.1. I still have a problem with getting my CMake project
to link without /FORCE:MULTIPLE, and all of the warnings I got concern
the side effects of that. I can provide a copy of the build log if that
is so desired.

As far as the game, it boots and runs just fine, and works adequately
enough to at least develop a mod with. However, for the reasons that
Sneaky enumerates, it is unadvisable to do any serious work with 6.0 due
to its deficiencies.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez