On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 22:55 -0600, Pat Magnan wrote:
> AFAIK threads are inherently a platform specific device, and at one time
> could not be counted on even being present on a platform (Linux has had a
> few versions of 'threads' over the years, in fact, it hasn't always even
> supported them, like about the time HL was released there were none IIRC).

The Linux kernel has had thread support since early 1996.  That's
something like 2.5 years before HL was released.  User-space thread
libraries (of which there have been several) predate even that.

Damn.  Makes me realize how old the HL engine really is.  Well, 7 years
old and still going strong.  And NS is still _the_ best FPS, mod or
otherwise, ever.

-John Sheu