In Forsaken, we get this a lot. The community is die-hard on having vehicles
and iron-sights in game but we believe it doesn't fit into the world. The
point is to take their suggestions, discuss it, and maybe have a little test
version with one weapon in the game. If you feel it doesn't mesh well with
the entire feel after going this far you have to be willing to put your foot
down. You don't know how many times I've gotten some pretty nasty messages
from community members because I have had to shoot down their ideas... it
really is a fine line between making the game that you guys dream of and the
game that they want.

We've also had some issues on keeping our internal alphas from being leaked
out. Forsaken has taken the standpoint of gameplay first, polish later.
Whilst our popularity isn't outstanding by any means, we do have a few core
members that annoy us everyday about the progress of the mod. We had to tell
the person, in good faith, to just delete the installer and not run it. It's
at a point where it'd just ruin it unless you can play against a decent
amount of others. Not to mention that a lot of features are still in early
testing/balancing.

Forsaken has also run into some issues with team reliability. This is just a
factor of any mod as you have to work it around your work, school, personal
life, etc. There have been a couple of months where no work on Forsaken was
done at all, and then suddenly a large spurt of work was done. I think this
is something that a lot of mods suffer from, and it's nothing to be
surprised about. If you can be patient and still work on other portions of
the mod whilst other people are away attending to work or personal matters
then you need to. The problem is when you get people taking a leave of
absence and that leaves your mod truly hanging, a showstopper if you will.
That's when you start needing to evaluate what to do about the mod at large
if this continuously happens and if you should remove that person from the
team. There have been times in Forsaken where the team has started to get
large, but we've cut a lot of people who weren't contributing enough. Since
the SDK has been released there have only been ~4-6 dedicated team members
contributing... and I believe this is how we are going to stay. We don't
have to worry about team bloat (which I believe Insurgency is having to deal
with to a LARGE extent) and we don't have to worry about any communication
issues. By leaving our team small we can work even more closely together to
develop something that we truly have a shared vision for.

I hope that helped someone :)