I could, I suppose. Right now, I just got rid of the New Game menu
option and replaced it with my own custom image (with rollover and
sounds) that links to my custom new game panel. I also created a new
panel for the menu which displays my mod's logo; that was easy.

I could play around with my idea and see how far I get.

Another idea just came to me and might be easier. In SourceScheme.res,
replace the MainMenu text with a font that has blank characters (I have
some fonts that don't have numbers, so they have blank chars instead),
but that take up space. So then, all you would do is build a panel
beneath the main menu  with your images and then it would /appear/ that
you made a custom menu. As for rollovers... hmmm.

The problems I foresee with that, albeit small and probably fixable, is
alignment (Getting your panel perfectly aligned in each resolution), and
doing image rollovers. The alignment isn't impossible, because right now
my New Game image does align perfectly in 1280x1024, 1680x1050, and is
only a few (5-10) pixels off in every other. If you make your MainMenu
Item height and length a bit bigger, I'm sure it would be fine.

PS. You have a very good descriptive writing ability, kudos. :P

Karl Jones wrote:
Kamran, how about posting your research to the developer wiki?  Lots of
good knowledge passes through this mailing list community, let's capture
and codify the best of it.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs

You've already got a good start -- I see a working agenda in your "I
would imagine" notes.  Post those notes to the wiki, then announce the
post to the mailing list.   When you find the full answer, or simply
more clues, or even more questions, update the wiki.

Meanwhile, who knows?  Those clues and questions will bubble and boil in
the wiki-cauldron, releasing hot buttered coder-memes into the
Steamosphere, with resultant high pressure zones and supersaturated
problem-solving clouds ... the perfect conditions for early morning
code-showers.

Karl Jones ... the Handy Vandal

[Kamran] However, cloning is intermediate-advanced level. I would
/imagine/ that
it'd be something like this:
* Create a new class, "ModOptions."
* Inherit from VGUI::Panel
* Load control settings from Options dialog res file.
* Set parent to ... ?

Kamran A
Get Firefox! Safer, Faster, Better.
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85>
Down with Internet Explorer! Say "NO!" to Spyware! Use Firefox